Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all our community, staff, families, partner organisations and friends.
As we are taking a short break during the festive season, we remind people to stay COVID-safe over the holidays.
- COVID-19 is still active in the Community. The risk level is MODERATE.
- You can reduce the risk of infection spreading by wearing a face mask where physical distancing is not possible.
- You can come into your local Aboriginal Health Service to stock up on masks and RATs before we close on Friday. If transport is an issue for you, please call us about having supplies delivered to you.
- Make sure that you have received all the vaccines you qualify for.
- Stay home if you have symptoms and take a test. Please check if you are eligible for anti-viral medication if you test positive. Early medication may help you avoid a nasty hospital stay.
For non-emergency health-related questions, call Health Direct on 1800 022 222, who can direct you to After Hours Service if needed. You can also check out the Tas After Hours website to find the closest service to you.
Check the opening hours for PCR testing/Public health hotline. Visit the Department of Health website for the available services and times.
If you get COVID during the holiday season, call COVID@homeplus 1800 973 363, and they will support you through your illness and can arrange access to antiviral medication if required.
The festive season isn’t always festive for everyone. If you or someone you know is struggling, please reach out to the Aboriginal Health Service or call the Access Mental Health Helpline on 1800 332 388.
The Tasmanian Aboriginal Health Service closes this Friday, 23 December at 5 pm and we will reopen on Tuesday, 3 January 2023 at 8.45 am. The nipaluna service will open for one day during the break on Thursday, 29 December from 8.45 am to 2.30 pm.
Have a safe and happy holiday!