Legal Education Sessions for Aboriginal Community
The Tasmanian Legal Aid Commission will be coming along to facilitate a range of different community legal information sessions for our Elders/Aged Care Program.
We are opening these sessions up for the Aboriginal community to join the Elders/Aged Care program.
All sessions will be held:
- 11 am to 1 pm
- piyura kitina / Risdon Cove (in the community room)
Each session has a specific topic, and these are listed below.
- 30 August 2022 – Enduring guardianship and enduring powers of attorney
- 27 September 2022 – Wills and estates and advance care directives
- 25 October 2022 – Elder abuse and family violence
- 29 November 2022 – Consumer rights (covers door-to-door sales, lay by, warrants, refund, consumer law, and scammers)
- 23 December 2022 – Grandparents’ rights to access grandchildren
In order to keep our community and elders safe, bookings are essential for these workshops.
For further information or confirmation of attendance, please contact Gail Smith or Sara Maynard at (03) 6234 0700.