takamuna pakana 2020/2021
Aboriginal Active Recreation and Sports Assistance Program
Guidelines for Applicants
There have been some important changes made to the guidelines
Priority will be given to:
- Applicants who have not previously received funding; and
- Applications for sporting fees and memberships.
- Applications for sport shoes will be paid when the applicant is playing and registered in a sport. For example, shoes to play netball, football boots for soccer or AFL. Applicants will need to provide evidence of this.
- Applicants can apply for equipment for TAC on-country trips. For example, walking shoes, camping gear etc. Evidence will need to be provided.
- Applications for shoes not relating to club sports or TAC on-country trips will no longer be paid.
- Applicants need to be 6 years old before you can apply for the funding – except for swimming activities. The TAC will support applications for babies, from birth upwards, for swimming related activities.
- Footwear, generally no more than $60 will be paid to applicants 6 to 10 years old, and no more than $120 for applicants 11 years and over.
- The maximum available to each applicant is $150 per calendar year. You can apply as many times as you like but you will not receive more than $150 each calendar year.
Elite sportspeople category:
Intrastate, Interstate & International travel – maximum $500 per calendar year.
- Payments may take up to eight weeks to process.
- EFT (bank transfers) are the preferred and quickest way to make payments
- Bank account details must be from the place of purchase – not your personal bank details.
- If you have more than one account to pay, please put the bank details on a separate sheet of paper.
- Please remember to attach an invoice – otherwise no payments will be made.
- As funds are very limited, only people who would have difficulty paying their own costs will be assisted.
- Acceptance of a grant implies agreement to publish your name as a grant recipient in the interests of accountability to the Aboriginal community.
- Appeals against decisions may be based only on errors in procedure and not on the decision itself.
- Please download the TAC takamuna pakana application form/s below, or a hard copy is available from any TAC office.
For more information please email to email@example.com for a copy.